Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day Two: Morobo

Yesterday both teams headed out for day two of teaching, we taught the kids “God is Just” through the story of Noah as well as the ten commandments. I am on the Morobo team, so yesterday we separated the kids into three groups. Our first group had the P5-P7 kids, the second had P3-P4 kids, and the last group was P1 & P2. Like the Lora team, we had acted out the story of Adam and Eve on the first day, so yesterday we tried something a bit different. We taught them how to make the sound of the rain and we asked them their favorite animal. When asked their favorite animal, we definitely got some different responses, some said “chicken”, some said “goat”, and one even said, “bush rat!” Apparently a bush rat is about the size of a small chihuahua, they are hunted with a bow and arrow, and “taste delicious.” I think we all will just take their word for it!

The kids really enjoyed making the sound of the rain and they laughed and giggled making their animal sounds. I think the thing that has struck us most with the kids is their absolute joy. We noticed this first in Morobo when we got to play with the kids on Saturday. But even now, in our lessons, we can see their joy. They sang, “We are happy today in the house of the Lord.” It’s been an encouraging and convicting lesson for us as a team to be reminded that our joy doesn’t come from our circumstances, but Christ alone.

Philippians 4:10-13 "I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me."

Thanks for your prayers and for keeping up with us!


In Christ,

Hannah Elmore and Stephanie Mabe



2 comments:

  1. Hi from Amy's mom and Nonnie! so happy to hear from the Morobo team. I'm thrilled the children are enjoying y'alls' visit and hard work...more hard work than visit I would think. Thank you for your servant hearts...remember...God is in the details...fret not...Geri B. and Nonnie B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Hannah and Stephanie and all! We are praying for you all daily. From Hannah's Dad, Mom, and family.

    ReplyDelete